Here are the top benefits of Azure Data Lake for businesses of all sizes
Data is one of the most important assets of any organization. Due to the high volume of data they receive from multiple sources, most businesses struggle with the proper and secure storage and processing of data. Data comes in different forms – some of it is structured while some sets are unstructured. Organizations require a system that not only stores big data but can also accommodate the different formats and structures of data for further processing.
This is where Data Lakes come into action. Simply put, a Data Lake is a centralized repository where data can be stored at any scale and in any format. Different processes and applications such as real-time analytics, big data processing, machine learning, and visualizations can be performed on these sets of data.
There are many data lake platforms available, however, Azure Data Lake takes a lead due to its unlimited scalability, ability to support multiple computing technologies and easy integration with existing IT investments.
In this article, let us explore some noteworthy benefits of Azure Data lake and why it should be the obvious choice of data storage platform for your organization.
Unlimited Storage of Data At High Speeds
- With Azure Data Lake, all kinds of data, irrespective of size, type, and speed can be stored in a unified platform. As a result of this consolidation, data silos are removed. Azure Data Lake supports the open Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) standard and allows the processing of parallel analytics workloads at high speed. With Azure, you can make the most of your structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data.
Azure Data Lake also supports analytics processing in multiple languages such as U-SQL, .NET, and Python. It is a high-performance platform that can perform multiple functions such as business intelligence, machine learning, image processing, and predictive analysis on a diverse range of big data.
Integrates Effortlessly With Existing IT Structures
- When choosing a Data Lake platform for your business, it is important to evaluate the system’s compatibility with existing IT investments. Azure Data Lake comes with REST-based APIs that can integrate with several existing technologies.
Azure Data Lake also pairs up with other Azure technologies such as Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Functions, SQL Database, and Power BI. This integration allows the smooth capturing, preparation, processing, and analysis of data.
Improved Performance Through Continous Optimisation
- Due to the continuous influx of large chunks of data in different sizes and formats, modern data platforms need to be optimized continuously for suitable handling of data. Azure Data Lake integrates seamlessly with different Integrated Development Environment (IDE) platforms such as IntelliJ, Visual Studio, and Eclipse.
This synchronization enables the data engineers to work with familiar tools to run, debug, and tune the code for enhanced performance at low costs. With Azure Data Lake, you can spot performance barriers timely because Azure Data Lake supports visualizations of U-SQL, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, and Apache Storm jobs.
Affordable and Economical Solution
- Azure Data Lake gives the freedom to scale your storage independently according to your needs. The scalability is also extended for the instant computation of data. It works on a ‘pay as use’ model. This saves businesses thousands of dollars in the operational cost of the data lake platform. The scalability of Data Lake allows businesses to extract maximum value from the platform without going overboard with their IT budget.
You can spend more time and money on the analysis of data rather than managing basic IT infrastructure.
- Henson Group is an Azure Expert MSP. We focus on helping customers architect and implement Azure Data and AI services. To help organizations accelerate their data transformation, Henson Group has helped large enterprises build out their data lakes and data warehouses to support automated operation data processing and reporting across their business.
For more information on Henson Group’s Managed Service Provider services for Azure Data Lake, visit here: https://www.hensongroup.com/henson-protect