The modern customer, in every part of the world today is gripped by the companies they do business with. Thai Airlines, Lloyds bank, Uber, Venmo, and more offer targetted info to the customer throughout their journey.
The companies have enabled such experiences thanks to the technology that has completely changed the way people do business with them. But this isn’t something easy for a company to achieve. Behind every modern company’s online presence are data experts that are feeding large information to cloud-based business intelligence and predictive analytics systems.
Modern solutions have transformed the ability of a company to find target prospects and present the offers at precision intervals. At the very same time, their data architectures are driving operational efficiency and product agility.
Now every company in the world is moving towards unlocking the value of big data and the cloud. With the introduction of online services like Azure HDinsight, and Azure Data Warehouse combining mobile, proprietary, and social data, every company now has a choice.
Moving Big Data to the Cloud
- A lot of traditional business databases and apps like Microsoft Dynamics and SQL Server still sit on the site. But many benefit from the migration to the cloud where now unstructured data resides.
- Every business these days know that foundational data is the secret to success, so when should a company consider Azure migration services without business interruptions?
The answer is as soon as possible because waiting would only increase the cost. And how do companies get there? By selecting leading cloud providers such as Microsoft. It has never been a better time than now to move to the cloud.
Here are some key benefits of migrating your database to Azure Cloud
The Benefits of Database Migration to Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is a leading candidate in 2019 to help drive database migration to the cloud because it has most data center regions worldwide with innovative AI, cognitive cloud services, and machine learning.
And partners like Henson Group, a Microsoft Managed Services Provider for Azure, have the right expertise and tools to manage this critical migration process to big data and analytics.
But before any company decides to move to the cloud, here are five reasons to leverage Henson Group’s expertise and Microsoft Azure’s services to move SQL server and other RDBs to the cloud.
- Lower Cost. One of the reasons why so many companies are migrating to cloud services is because they help save upfront hardware and software costs by moving the company to pay-per-use operating fees instead which are often without long-term commitments. You get reduced DBA expenses and there are free open-source tools that help offset the cloud service expenses.
- Simplified administration. We all know that easier database management drives operational efficiency as the upgrade and maintenance is handled by the cloud providers. This means that leading tools become more accessible and version control becomes minimized. You also get add on services like recovery, backup, and improved productivity.
- Advanced security. Nearly all cloud DBaaS are built with strong threat prevention, isolated VM instances, IPSec VPN connections, robust access control, and encryption at rest and in transit. Many services offer industry compliance such as PCI Governance that keeps on evolving with the changes in regulations.
- Higher availability and scalability. Cloud DBaaS offers strong resources and highly scalable compute with minimum capacity constraints. This high availability is enabled thanks to automated backups, synchronous replication, periodic snapshots across all availability zones.
- Improved business agility. Cloud-based RDBs like Azure will open doors to improved staff and partner access, faster innovation, and quicker time-to-market. This is often provisioned within minutes as opposed to weeks in on-premise solutions. Since you get increased access to high-end tools and best practices, the speed of development cycles is significantly boosted.
How can Henson Group Help
If your company is looking to migrate to Azure our migration practice helps customers migrate from on-premise VMware/Hyper-V, Colo such as Rackspace, or other clouds like AWS to Microsoft Azure Datacenter or Azure Stack Infrastructures.
This team also helps clients migrate existing workloads in Azure IaaS to Azure PaaS including SQL Server to Azure SQL Database, SQL SSIS to Data Factory, SQL SSRS/Tableau to PowerBI, Data Warehouses to Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database Tables to Data Lake, and many others.
We have an award-winning 6 step Azure Migration process that ensures the migration is smooth and trouble-free for a company. A full documentation and knowledge transfer is provided to clients are the transition.
We also provide Azure monitoring & administration services including server, VM and PaaS monitoring, reactive support, and IT administration, at a fraction of the cost of building an internal team.