Discover how migration to Microsoft azure cloud benefits your organization
Cloud technology is a major driving force behind ever-growing digital transformations. A 2022 survey suggested that cloud migration led to a 28% increase in business revenue. Therefore, most organizations prioritize cloud migration, particularly Microsoft Azure cloud, for their cloud needs. But how does migration to Microsoft Azure cloud benefits your organization? Read on to discover.
Migration To Azure Saves Money
- Migrating to Azure offers a significant advantage in terms of cost savings. For example, maintaining Windows server hardware can quickly become expensive, requiring a considerable IT budget. However, transitioning to a cloud service such as Azure allows businesses to pay only for the infrastructure they use on a pay-as-you-go basis. The primary benefit of this approach is that it eliminates the need to maintain or refresh server components.
In addition, it reduces the need to employ IT staff to maintain local servers. Research has found that companies can save up to 82% on server costs by migrating to Azure. Moreover, Azure is more cost-effective than other cloud service providers. For instance, Microsoft claims that azure costs five times lesser than AWS through the use of Azure Hybrid Benefit, which combines your Windows Server and SQL Server workloads.
Azure Upgrades Business Security
- Azure provides superior security compared to local servers or other cloud providers. By integrating Azure Security Center, businesses can unify their security management and enjoy advanced threat protection. This allows businesses to secure their cloud workloads with Azure Defender. In addition, Azure Secure Score provides a means to assess a business’s security posture.
Furthermore, leveraging AI and automation enables rapid identification of critical security risks. In addition to in-built DDoS protection, Azure offers Information Protection which monitors and controls external data transfers. By utilizing Azure’s user-friendly security tools, your IT department can respond quickly to any potential threat and implement comprehensive security strategies.
Dynamic Infrastructure Scaling
- Dynamic scalability is another essential advantage of Azure cloud services. It allows businesses to easily adjust resources to meet their current demands without being constrained by physical hardware limitations. In Azure, you can scale your cloud services dynamically to suit current business needs. This means you can scale down your resources during quieter periods to reduce operating costs.
To simplify the process of dynamic scaling, Microsoft offers Azure Autoscale. This tool lets you adjust your apps and services through self-defined metrics and anticipate load with varying schedules. Using Autoscale, you can avoid your site, service, or application from crashing during peak periods and scale them down when demand decreases.
Simultaneous Data Storage on On-Site and In the Cloud
- For businesses hesitant to fully transition to cloud services, Azure provides a hybrid option that allows them to store data on-site and in the cloud simultaneously. By using Azure’s Backup, Migrate, and Site Recovery tools, businesses can effortlessly synchronize their operations to the cloud. Azure’s Backup feature offers a simple and reliable way to protect your critical data both on-premises and in the cloud, while the Migrate tool streamlines the migration of your applications and workloads to Azure.
Additionally, the Site Recovery tool ensures that your applications remain available during unexpected outages or disasters by replicating them in a secondary location. A simultaneous approach enables businesses to retain their on-premises hardware while leveraging the benefits of Azure’s remote access and location redundancy.
Seamless Backup and Data Recovery
- Relying on a local server puts your organization at risk of complete data loss in the event of a disaster at your physical location. However, data redundancy is ensured when utilizing cloud services such as Azure. In addition, with cloud-based data management, your data become location-independent. Therefore, in case of an unfortunate event like a fire or an earthquake, your operations will remain unaffected, and your data will remain unharmed.
Azure provides comprehensive end-to-end backup and disaster recovery solutions for companies prioritizing data security. According to Microsoft, Azure’s disaster recovery time is 66% faster than that of on-premises servers, making it an excellent choice for businesses that require fast and reliable disaster recovery mechanisms.
Facilitates Remote Working
- Utilizing a complete cloud-based solution like Azure provides the flexibility to carry out all business processes and tasks remotely. With Azure’s VPN Gateway service, employees can securely access your organization’s resources anywhere. Switching to Azure also means scaling your team becomes much more manageable. Physical office space is no longer required, and new employees can start working from home without needing new computer systems.
Furthermore, scaling the necessary resources to power their work is simple through Azure AutoScale. Azure’s Point-to-Site (P2S) VPN gateways are designed to facilitate remote work, while Azure Active Directory provides a secure Single Sign-On (SSO) solution for your remote employees. Businesses can use these tools to ensure their remote workforce can access the necessary resources while maintaining a secure and efficient workflow.
Reduces The Workload of IT Staff
- The COVID-19 pandemic has placed an unprecedented strain on IT staff and departments. However, by migrating to a highly efficient cloud platform like Azure, businesses can significantly reduce the workload on their IT staff. In addition, Azure provides the tools for managing and scaling network resources more efficiently, freeing up valuable time for IT staff to focus on other critical tasks.
Additionally, Microsoft Enterprise Support offers personalized support teams to help businesses resolve any issues that may arise. Microsoft’s Professional Direct (ProDirect) plan provides priority support for businesses with critical workloads. This premium plan offers up to an hour of initial response times and escalation to advanced teams for complex issues. With this level of support, businesses can have peace of mind that their critical operations are in good hands, allowing their IT staff to focus on other essential tasks.
Compatibility With Legacy Software
- Some businesses may be concerned that cloud services like Azure could have compatibility issues with legacy software. However, with the end of support for SQL Server 2008/R2 in 2019, Azure virtual machines may be the only secure option for businesses using legacy applications. In addition, Microsoft provided an additional three years of support for SQL Server 2008 with Azure, giving developers time to transition or update their legacy applications.
As Windows Server 2012’s extended support deadline approaches, Azure VM may once again become the go-to solution for security updates beyond 2023. By leveraging Azure’s virtual machines, businesses can continue to use their legacy applications while keeping them secure and up-to-date. This ensures they can maintain business continuity without costly and time-consuming software updates.
Help your business drive higher win rates and revenue growth by joining hands with Henson Group. Henson Group is the Global Azure Expert MSP that helps businesses increase accessibility and productivity. Get in touch today for free migration, training, and outright support.