What is cloud monitoring and why you need it – The ultimate overview
Cloud is a complex environment, and to ensure your organization is leveraging its full capabilities for business growth, it’s critical to understand what’s happening at all times. Cloud monitoring allows you to monitor your data and processes. Keep reading to understand the types and benefits of cloud monitoring.
Cloud Monitoring: What is it?
- Cloud monitoring refers to the strategies, tools, and methods used for accessing, monitoring, and managing data, processes, or workflow within a cloud infrastructure. It provides a detailed analysis of the effectiveness and operational status of every cloud-based component and device. Critical operational data gathered by monitoring tools are presented to your cloud administrator as charts, logs, graphs, and alerts.
Types of Cloud Monitoring
Cloud monitoring takes different forms to ensure your cloud initiatives are working effectively. The most common types of cloud monitoring are:
- Cloud-based website monitoring prioritizes user experience, availability, and access to important resources. In addition, it keeps track of the website’s traffic, resource usage, search visibility, and time on the page.
- Data is the core component of any modern organization. So, it is crucial to find and manage data in the cloud quickly. Therefore, driven cloud monitoring accesses data integrity, tracks queries, reviews process, and keeps a record of cloud-database resource usage to keep your business operations running smoothly.
In addition, it also helps track requests for data access and informs about updates, thereby making it a crucial security asset for your organization.
Cloud Storage Monitoring
- It enables the monitoring of multiple analytes simultaneously for cloud-based storage applications. Cloud storage monitoring is commonly used in hosting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) models, providing insights into available storage, user activities, processes, and performance metrics.
Virtual Network Monitoring
- Virtual network cloud monitoring creates virtual versions of essential network components, including firewalls, routers, and load balancers. These software-based elements provide extensive operational data, available in real-time, by scrutinizing the virtual network.
Virtual Machine Monitoring
- It is a crucial part of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and involves hosting a virtual server that supports multiple virtual desktops. Virtual machine monitoring system mainly tracks user activity and network traffic and monitors the infrastructure along with the overall status of every associated virtual machine. This way, virtual machine monitoring also serves the role of IT infrastructure monitoring for virtual desktops.
Benefits of Cloud Monitoring
- Cloud monitoring allows you to vigorously monitor your cloud-centered services and applications, giving you valuable insights, essential data, and alerts of potential disruptions.
Here are the notable benefits of leveraging cloud server monitoring:
- Quickly identifies potential threats before they disrupt your business operations and services.
- Tracks key performance indicators in real-time with up-to-date reporting to ensure your business is moving in the right direction.
- Offers data loss prevention by analyzing all data leaving the network, minimizing the impact of potential data breaches.
- Enhances performance with high-quality APIs protected by authentication protocols.
- Locates and repairs delays within application workflow to improve response times.
Moreover, cloud monitoring services are cloud-based, offering businesses additional benefits such as configuration, easy installation, reduced investments in on-premises solutions, improved scalability, and expanded accessibility. Cloud monitoring is a powerful tool that helps businesses optimize their cloud-based operations and avoid potential issues.
Optimize performance and reduce the downtime of your cloud-based apps, processes, data, and initiatives by opting for data-driven cloud monitoring. Join hands with Henson Group. Learn how our Intelligent managed services can help improve the reliability and performance of your cloud infrastructure. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and insights in the cloud industry by subscribing to our blog and newsletter. Sign up now and let our experts help you optimize your business operations!